Friday, April 8, 2011

Turning over a new leaf...

Its been days since I put up a decent post. I seem to have had forgotten how to write at all. Yeah, I never thought it would come to this. Things have not gone the way I thought they would. Anyways, here I am turning over a new leaf.

So, with just one more year of college to go, I have already started feeling the apprehensions. But then, instead of worrying, it is always better to enjoy the moment. This semester, a lot of things happened. Many beautiful memories formed: Kurukshetra, Techofes, QQuest, Geohorizon, Sangarsh, IIT Bombay, farewell party, freshers party, UGC Project reviews and a lot more.

I have DAAD internship to Germany to look forward to. Now, this internship is one example of how things can turn out to be. Even, in the application stage, it had problems. One full day of scoldings from the HOD just to get sign in the No Objection Certificate. I thought this has to be the greatest trail. But I was wrong. The problems were yet to begin. Somehow, I got selected. First, I changed the internship dates to May and June. By the time it got confirmed, a new problem cropped up. The election commission went on to announce the dates of the general elections as April 13. After days of keeping the fingers crossed, finally the exam dates came out and miraculously, they seemed okay. I thought that's it. No more problems. But as usual, I was wrong again. Now, there are chances that a particular exam might be kept on the day I am supposed to board the flight to Germany. So, as in my friend's words, is there going to be another twist in the tale??? Don't know.

In the past few days, I have learnt a lot of things which I will never forget again in my life. Things always do not turn out to be as you expect no matter how sure they look at the moment. Surprises always spring up. Disappointments always happen. I read this somewhere: "When you do not get what you want, do not despair. May be, there is something better you deserve." May be, this is true. But all things said and done, it is hard to get over it.

I worked very hard for two things this semester which was almost like my dream right from my first year. But, both ended as a dream, never turned to reality. So, am I disappointed? Yes, I am. But then again the lines I quoted above got to me. May be, this is a chance for me to try out new ventures, a chance to get out of the routine. I intend to.

Here is a poem I came across that seemed so appropriate:

TURN OVER A NEW LEAF

Life would be static, dull and boring without seasons;
So seasons come for varied and outstanding reasons:
The trees at appointed time would shed their leaves
And men would dump their anoraks for shirtsleeves.

The clouds are burdened and blighted now is the sun
Just as the moon slips into her convent and soberly becomes a nun;
Childhood gallops gaily into youth and its thrills
But youth dreads adulthood as they say its end chills.

Dread it or not - an ever open book remains age;
And everyone each year must read that brand new page.

Yes, life's an exciting book which we must turn over a new leaf -
Changes dog our every step every blessed day we live;
But like lizards we must keep sloughing off our old skins,
Aligning ourselves with the ever changing tale that life spins.





P.S.: This is a post dedicated to those who helped, advised and inspired me turn a new leaf over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment