Thursday, December 3, 2020

If I ran into you




"I read this article on thought catalog today on 'I Don’t Know What I Would Do If I Ran Into You' and that got me thinking. What would I do ?

I have thought about you every other day for the past two years. Even though I have new interests now, you do come to my thoughts. " 

These were my thoughts two years ago. Last week, I dreamt that we casually end up meeting each other in a school park, you with your kid and me in my running attire. Yes, I occasionally do dream about you. We had a common friend who introduced me to your wife. She gave a knowing smile and an emphatic Hi. And I, well I simply smiled and said Hi back to you and your family. 

I woke up startled that I did not feel tears welling up my eyes or the emotional turmoil that your thoughts and dreams generally caused. I guess I can say I am finally over you although you were never mine to begin with. All it took was 7 years to make peace with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment